Sunday, December 16, 2007

a change of venue

I've not posted in a week's time (sorry 'bout that - busy with work, Christmas preparations, just plain life, and too pooped lately to accomplish much else lately) and have a few new cards to share!

My Mom's birthday is fast approaching and I made this card for her yesterday. We'd planned on a visit, beating out a winter storm due to hit us Saturday evening but it ended up beating us to the punch. We started out but, what with the condition of our car's tires, we were sliding around before we left our neighborhood and eventually turned back for home. So ... I did what any of us would've done, what with unexpected free time, right?! ... pulled out the card-making supplies and got busy! I played, making cards, while my youngest did homework on the PC.

I'd picked up the stamp this year from A Muse to use in Christmas cards but think it's appropriate for birthdays too - don't you think?! It's their "Wishing you laughter and cheer throughout the year" sentiment. I made the card to look like a wrapped present but it also meets the requirements of a couple challenges - Stephanie Mayne's Black Tie and also loosely fits Jen del Muro's Nov 3rd sketch. It was going to be a one color with white card based on some plates my Mom likes ... can't recall by who, though ...

stamps: A Muse's Laughter & cheer; paper: Prima Marketing's Iron Orchard, unknown black and white cardstocks; ink: StazOn Jet Black; accessories: Deja Views' Birthday rub-ons, Jo-Ann's snowflake bobby pins, and dotted swiss black organdy ribbon

5 comments:

Dawn Wheeler said...

lovely card ,love how you used the snow flake ,Dawn xx

Andrea, said...

Fab card, the snowflake is gorgeous

Mrs Mayne said...

It's gorgeous! Thanks for taking part!! Yes, that stamp is great for birthdays too! x

Angel said...

Sue... great card! Did you ever send me your address for the candy you won on my blog a while back? I can't even remember if I sent it or even got your address. I am on medication which steals my memory and flushes it away and down the toilet I am afraid.

Crystal said...

You are right Sue, that sentiment works for b-days too!