Saturday, February 23, 2008

thanx - I needed that!

A bit of history is required for this card - my brother, niece and Mom visited last weekend for a belated birthday celebration for my eldest (yes, the same brother who's kidded me about my card-making for obscure holidays in a past post). The thing is, he had this t'riffic wrapping paper for my son's present and I made an innocent comment about how pretty it was. Well, he turned to my niece and said, "You know what this means ...," and again, I think we'll all agree, it was meant to be taken as a challenge; don't you agree?!

I don't know whether you can tell from the picture, but there's a faint striped background to the wrapping paper; I thought it'd match both SU's Purely Pomegranate and DMD's kraft card stock, which I used for both the base and also ran thru one of my crimpers. The layout's based on Beate's sketch challenge.

stamps: studio g series 7 clear stamps; paper: SU's Purely Pomegranate and DMD's Kraft cardstock; ink: StazOn Jet Black, asst'd watercolor markers on hand; tools: crimper

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! I love that little stamp. It's darling.
Thanks for playing with the sketch!
Hugs and smiles

Wanda said...

I love your color choices and I especially like the crimped paper.

Anonymous said...

What a nice card - love the colors and crimping.

Anonymous said...

This is very cool! Love the crimping. I always forget about that little tool and it does so much to add to the interest of the card.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card. Love those colors!!!