Saturday, May 24, 2008

back from Jessy's b'day

My niece Jessy is celebrating her birthday today and we went to the daytime portion where we enjoyed a t'riffic potluck meal with family and friends. I contributed what's become my mainstay - a green bean casserole - Mark grilled some Italian-seasoned chicken, Monica brought lasagna, Mom brought pistachio pudding dessert, and her beau David brought fresh fruit he cut and arranged (being's he's a chef it was definitely the nicest looking creation we had). YUM! Some friends and local family are celebrating tonight with a bonfire but we didn't stick around (pun intended - get it, Mark?!) for that part.

Jessy's enjoyed gothic and Renaissance designs and I knew this cute line from Stampotique Originals would be just her style! The artists are Jill Penney & Daniel Torrente and I think they're wonderful! My card's inspired by the May 3rd post here from the lovely and talented LaurenM.

stamps: Stampotique Originals' Gooseneck, PC-generated sentiments; paper: Basic Grey's Vagabond DP (I hate the thought of eventually running out of this - LOVE it!), CTMH's Outdoor Denim, SU's Kraft and Shimmery White cardstocks, Paper Co's clear vellum; inks: Tri-C watercolor markers; tools: Provo Craft piercing tool

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue, I really enjoy your cards. I was scrolling through them trying to get an idea for one that I need to make. My daughter starts her residency this fall to become an anesthesiologist.... with a 4.0 GPA and straight A's, I want to make her a Congratulation Card, but I can never make a card for FAMILY! I can make great ones for friends, but family always gives me stage fright.

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh looks so great. Love that paper! just amazing. Thanks for playing

Chrissy D said...

Sue- What a great card. Love the sketch and how you used vellum for the words. The paper piercing is the perfect touch along the side too! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge! Have a great day! Chris Dickinson