Monday, May 26, 2008

happy Memorial Day!

We didn't go check out parades today, which is really not like me. I'm a big museum, parade and zoo fan, as you can ask my kids, having terrorized them for years now. We didn't have a cookout today either! It decided to be rainy and cloudy this morning, so we just cooled our heels here and had a big brunch of scrambled or fried eggs, sausage, hash browns, juice and toast. PB did venture out for some shopping - new golf balls are sure to improve the golf game this week ... and I settled in and made this card. Boy, the day has sure improved! It's beautiful out right now!

This card's based on this weekend's SFYTT sketch provided by Jen Del Muro (love that gal's stuff!). The picture I used for the main element has floated about the Internet about this time of year the last few years, so this time I saved it to use it on a card. I'd picked up the Rusty Pickle DP last year during MegaMeet and still had some left, and I picked up the star chipboard pieces at THIS year's MegaMeet. If you've not been to one, hundreds of vendors and local stores set up booths in expo centers thruout the States and thousands of cardmakers and scrappers converge to take classes, stroll about, and see what's new in the scrappin' industry. I went with a couple friends from work, and met a couple others there, earlier this month. A fun time was had by all.

edited to add: just blog rolling this a.m. and spotted addt'l blog challenges this card fit - these wild card and red, white, and blue challenges!

stamps: none, sentiment's PC-generated; paper: CTMH's Outdoor Denim cardstock, Rusty Pickle's Molly Striped Pajamas and Primitive Hearts DP, A1's Natural White cardstock; ink: PC generated dark blue; accessories: Heidi Swapp's star-shaped chipboard shapes

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful patriotic card!! Thx for playing!!!

MJ said...

Great job on the red white and blue challenge. I love this card and that image was a great addition.

Anonymous said...

LOVE that card and especially the photo. Never saw it before. Would it be ok if I joined one of your card contest uploads? I know it's not a CONTEST, but I couldn't think of a better word. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I just thought of the word and had to come back...........CHALLENGE! There!

SueB said...

Hi Dana! I always try to leave a link to the challenger's post within my post ... so go for it! And leave a comment at their post too!
later, alligator!
- SueB

Elizabeth Wickland said...

I love it! Thanks for entering my challenge!

Anonymous said...

Sue, I printed out your cards and got my supplies out and dragged them into the living room and decided on a theme and colors and layout and MADE THREE CARDS!!

You are single handedly responsible for getting me creating again. I just want to know one thing:

I photographed my cards and will put them on my blog tonight. Be sure and come to see them, but.....how do you get yours photographed so clear and detailed?

Kim Mraz said...

what a VERY sweet Patriotic card...love it :)