Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day, everyone! I'd posted my card to my DH already but here's one I made for my boys to give their Dad. It's inspired by a card that Taylor VanBruggen posted here but also works for Split Coast Stampers' limited supplies challenge #173. My LSS (wink to Kim!) recently had one similar in their shop and I HAD to pick up the DP!

I cheated a bit on the BBQ tools - I have a stamp set that includes some, but they were too small in scale. I thought perhaps I'd stamp them and then scan 'em to enlarge them, and then realized I could save myself the aggravation and do a search on google pics. Love those google folkes, I tell ya!

So, this one's for you, PB! My DH doesn't normally read my posts so methinks my secret's safe 'til this afternoon. If the weather cooperates, we're planning on a small BBQ, so both cards are themed this year. I'd picked up a cooler on wheels for him a month ago and have been stashing presents to put into it for today. Small stuff, mainly - w one larger one. Hope he likes 'em all!

stamps: Inque Boutique's Father's Day; paper: Creative Imaginations' Old Guys Rule DP, Prism unknown dark blue cardstock; ink: CTMH's Outdoor Denim; accessories: SU's hodgepodge brads, CTMH's Outdoor Denim grosgrain ribbon

p.s. Anybody besides me wish Prism added a 1/2" to their cardstock to list the color? I always forget what it is that I've picked up!

5 comments:

Claudia said...

I love this card. You continue to show your wonderful creativity!

Anonymous said...

How cute is that - you are so creative. PB is going to love his gifts. But the cards are sure to steal the show.

Jan Scholl said...

I saw the card at Capture too. I did buy some paper but mostly for later this year when the Sofa Slug hits the big 60!

are you watching Tiger? He has his red warrior shirt on!

Allison Rankin said...

That is very cool! And I just made up a bunch of cards with that same DP too (for my MIL...she can give them to all her "Old Guy" friends).

Traveling Mama said...

How cute is that?! Love it!