Tuesday, June 3, 2008

School's Out ... Soon!

I'm a fan of Sharon Johnson's, aka notimetostamp, and made this card for my son Geoff's teacher based on her Stamp Simply #37 challenge - black, white, and 1 color - but of course - yellow for the school bus, right?! I LOVE this schoolbus pic as it lacks any background I would've had to remove in PhotoShop, and it's simply black, white, and yellow ... but for some reflective blue-black which I figure shouldn't disqualify it from a 3-color challenge.

Rather than hit the malls or nurseries or Mike's looking for something to alter for this year's end of school teacher / 2 teacher's aides / busdriver / busdriver's aide (hey, this is downsized ... Geoff was born w DownSyndrome, and some years we've also had speech therapists on the list!), we decided to make some simple cards and insert Applebees' gift cards. I figure this is a 10-minute Tuesday card too!

stamps: SU's Short & Sweet; paper: SU's Earth Sun, Whisper White, unknown black cardstocks; ink: StazOn Jet Black, PC-generated inside sentiment

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful school bus! I can actually say the word "school bus" now without getting those cold chills like I used to have!

58 years old and I still remember SCHOOOOOL ' yuck

Claudia said...

What a cool card! I love the simplicity! I may have time to create tonight. Otherwise, I'm off for the summer in two more days!