Monday, July 7, 2008

b'day shout out!

B'day greetings shout out to Kim and Allison this a.m.! I'm still in red, white 'n blue mode as you can see; it seemed appropriate for these gal's early July b'days (speak of the angel, I JUST got a pop-up message telling me Kim's just logged on to AIM - LOL!)! My lunch/scrappin' buddy Kim's b'day is today as well as Allison, whose blog I read daily. Hope it's a t'riffic one, ladies!

This card's physically heading to Kim at work this a.m. and she gets to pick her restaurant later today. The candles remind me of sparklers. I made a larger sparkler for the inside from the swirlies that are stamped using Versamark on the bottom of the front of the card.

stamps: SU's Eat Cake; paper: SU's Brilliant Blue, Real Red, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi cardstocks; ink: Versamark, SU's Brilliant Blue, Going Gray, Real Red, Summer Sun; accessories: SU 1/4" Whisper White grosgrain ribbon (colors approximate; from a workshop w Crystal - link at right)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that the 4th is past and I can get back into my gray/tan/brown paper again.

Allison Rankin said...

Thanks for the shout-out Sue...you're sweet! And this is a terrific card...love the color palette here!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the beautiful card - it looks lovely on my desk and makes me smile when I look up from my work. We all need that at this time of year or should I see "year end"