Thursday, January 1, 2009

happy b'day Mom

Friday's my Mom's birthday, and the family's getting together at her house this weekend to celebrate. My brother and his family's in town and then heading west again. My sis-in-law Mary was made an offer she couldn't refuse and they're moving from Maryland to California, not far from where they lived a couple years ago. Since his move east, I've gotten used to his every other month visits, which I imagine will become more infrequent ... sigh

Mom's a crossword fan so I decorated a clipboard for her to provide a hard surface to work on them when she's not at a table. I love having a small notebook in my purse so I made her one to match the clipboard, then the card. The matched set's all based on Stamp Something's DRS Sketch Something and Sharon's new toys challenges. I used my new toy (my DH's Christmas present to me - a QK Silhouette) to create the snowflakes used on the inside covers of notebook and on inside of card (some sprinkled around photo as well). I made some snowflakes from Whisper White and Vellum Cardstock for my boss as part of her Christmas present but forgot to take pics. Of all the things I miss, I miss my mind the most, y'know?!

stamps: SU's Heard from the Heart (inside sentiment), PC-generated tags; paper: CTMH's Aspen DP, SU's Sage Shadow cardstock, some pretty wrapping paper w the trees images; ink: CTMH's New England Ivy, PC dark green; accessories: Heidi Swapp icee bling; tools: Silhouette w snowflake shapes, circle and scallop circle punches, Zutter Bind-it-All and Stamp On This' 4x4 chipboard coasters for notebook

No comments: