Friday, January 2, 2009

happy (belated) anniversary

My DH and I called his brother and sis-in-law and left a singing telegram of sorts this past week - do you recall the Flintstones episode when Fred sang to the Rubble's? I made this for their anniversary and picked up a gift card for dinner for two at a local restaurant and a DVD for them (Stranger Than Fiction, hence the card front). It's a belated gift as we haven't but intend to catch up w them over the holidays still. The inside sentiment reads: Wishing you the best on your anniversary and every happiness in the year ahead, so I'll post it as a belated entry to Gina K's New Year's Inspiration challenge and I used Paper Craft Planet's SK122708 sketch challenge in a square rather than #10 layout.

This card uses a new toy (new to me, anyway - tho' I've seen it used on yummy cards on ) - the Prima transparent scrapbooking tapes - and using new toys is the subject of Sharon Johnson's ssnotime67 challenge. I'd contacted my fav local scrapbooking store before Christmas to check whether they'd be carrying these tapes, and they put in an order for four different tapes and were nice enough to hold one of each style aside ... so I picked 'em all up - for me and a scrapping buddy.

stamps: SU's Vases In Vogue; paper: SU's Rose Red patterns designer series DP, Whisper White cardstock, Paper Reflections' black cardstock; ink: SU's Rose Red, StazOn's Jet Black; accessories: Prima's Clearly IOD scrapbooking tape (#811020), black satin ribbon, SU Rose Red grosgrain ribbon

1 comment:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Sue, you did such a great job with this sketch. It really looks fantastic as a square card. The black and pink together is a stunning color combination. Thanks so much for playing along with the challenge.