Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Celebrate!

It's Susan's birthday tomorrow so I made this card to celebrate, using what methinks is my first sketch challenge from Mercy Kerin's blog - her MTSC27 sketch challenge. I don't think this stamp had seen ink yet - it's the largest in the stamp set and I tend to shy from using larger images. Don't you love this DP tho'? It's called Green Distressed, and I recall that when I first spotted it I'd hoped it'd match my blog, thinking it'd be nice for a background to a new banner ... NOT! It's a different green altogether, with a lot of swirly blues running thru it. I'm lovin' bright greens lately.

I pieced the cupcake's paper liner, added the blue and green sprinkles to the frosting, and had I left myself more time, would've added a bit of "frosting," but I tend to procrastinate, which is why it's 11:30 p.m. as I'm posting this before hitting the hay!

stamps: Inkadinkado's Birthday Cupcake; paper: Little Yellow Bicycle's Nita Bella Collection DP, CTMH's Outdoor Denim, SU's Whisper White cardstocks; inks: StazOn's Jet Black, Tri-C watercolor markers; accessories: unknown ribbon; tools: CM's oval cutter, Martha Stewart border punch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darling card, Sue. I love the pieced cupcake holder... wonderful idea.