Saturday, February 14, 2009

gettin' mellow w polka dots

I think the greens and blues in this designer cardstock are serene and so's the headless yoga gal (which I won during Toners' blog-o-versary last month - whoo hoo! thanx again, Toni! and speaking of blogoversaries, mine's fast approaching) ... so I'm sending it to one of my BGFs who's at home recovering from appendicitis. There's generally no "cure" other than surgery to remove the appendix which she had last weekend, so I'm hoping for a speedy recovery. After all, we've got a scrappin' date a week from Friday - she's gotta be better in time to go with me to THAT, right?!

This is 2-sided designer cardstock and I used three different coordinating sheets, inspired by Caardvarks' polka dot challenge. There's a bit of muted polka dot along the base of the card and the matted strip along the left side. Isn't that textile print under the image just WOWZA - I love the print and have been hoarding the stuff. I've a cute "get well" poem on the inside, and dropped off the card on my way home from work yesterday so now I can post it!

stamps: MFT's Serenity Now; paper: A1's Natural White, My Mind's Eye's 29th Street Market cardstocks; ink: StazOn Jet Black, Tri-C watercolor markers

2 comments:

toners said...

Sue, fabulous job! I love the color combo you used!

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Love this card...Love the colors!

Cheers,

Dorothy