Sunday, February 22, 2009

peace

I generally lean toward yellow gold jewelry but as I was trolling thru blogs one evening recently I happened upon Jen del Muro's blog post where she included a picture of the necklace she'd picked up for her friend Susan's birthday. My curiosity got the best of me so I headed to the gal's Home Studio Etsy shop. She offers altered Scrabble tiles, pocket mirrors, magnets, and more. I ordered the pendant and chain pictured below - it was my Dad's standard phrase in greeting and ending conversations with family and friends, and I thought it'd make a nice Christmas gift for my sister (I know; I'm thinking WAY ahead, but I like to pick up gifts thruout the year when I spot something that makes me think of someone).


I made the card pictured above to accompany the necklace gift (and think I'll get another one - this time for myself!), based on MFT's MFTSC69 sketch on SCS. I inked the edges of the black cardstock w silver ink and some of the flecks of silver scattered about. Thanx for stopping by today - catch ya later!

stamps: n/a; paper: Paper Paradise's black, SU's Vellum and Whisper White cardstocks; ink: ColorBox's Cream White, Olive Pastel, Smoke Blue, studio g's silver; tools: Cuttlebug w D'vine Swirls embossing folder, Marvy mega heart punch, QuicKutz Squeeze w dove and Eliza font set

3 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Pretty pretty, thanks so much for playing along.

Allison Rankin said...

Just lovely...great inspiration piece too!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my gosh, this is amazing -- you got the card so close to the necklace -- wonderful job -- and a wonderful gift!! Way to go!! Thanks much for playing!!!