Friday, May 1, 2009

happy b'day Jeanette!

Jeanette's retiring Monday, on her birthday - how sweet is THAT?! I'd made the sock monkey card for our group gift celebrating her retirement which we gave to her at lunch on Thursday (curious? we chipped in and got her a Wii!). While cruising one evening I found this cutie monkey pencil holder cup on Ginny's Etsy shop site a couple weeks ago and HAD to pick it up for Jeanette! She's scheduled for her exit interview with H/R Monday morning, then it's off to retirement and doing what she likes.

I just happened to have recently been RAK'd with a tee that reads "Life is good," a comment I'm constantly saying (SO Martha am I!), and it had this chipboard tag circle on it. I wore the shirt Friday (our office dress is pretty much business casual Monday-Thursday and jeans-casual on Fridays) for the first time, and put the tag aside, thinking the "Do what you Like. Like what you do." quote was pretty good for another card. Then I went in search of a sketch challenge using a large circle and found this from a November PaperCraft Planet one. And the rest, as they say, is history!

stamps: n/a (all PC-generated); paper: My Mind's Eye's Dreamy 2 line, ColorMates' Medium Autumn Red cardstock; ink: PC-generated; tools: Spellbinders' Nestabilities standard petite circles

No comments: