Friday, May 15, 2009

one of a kind

Here's a quick 'n simple card I made for a buddy for an excuse to play with my latest toy, this QuicKutz embossing folder. I've apparently been out of touch 'cuz until this past Saturday I don't recall hearing they were producing their own line. My one of a kind stamping buddy Pat mentioned having had lilac bushes in her back yard once upon a time and I'd asked if she'd like a cutting. I'm figuring on bringing one in to work Thursday so made a quick card to go with it. Easy peasy but elegant, eh?! Works for this week's Clean & Simple challenge on SCS, CAS15, to use black, white and a bold color!

Don't you just love timed updates and don't you think everyone should have 'em? I know those of you using Google Reader will see this before it's posted, but I didn't want Pat to see the card in advance so I'm timing this update for noonish Thursday. Isn't modern technology wonderful?!

stamps: studio g series 30; paper: unknown white cardstock, SU unknown DP; tools: QuicKutz plants embossing folder, McGill birds punch

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

Love, love, love this! The simple embossing, sentiment and bird in flight makes this one elegant card!