Sunday, September 13, 2009

flint festival of quilts

I stopped by the Flint Festival of Quilts yesterday (and plan to head to the planetarium today); it was my shortest visit ever on record but what I DID catch was great!

If you're in the area, you can still catch the Michigan Quilt Artists Invitational's exhibit at the Greater Flint Arts Council at 816 S Saginaw thru October 2, and the star quilts exhibit at the Longway Planetarium at 1310 E Kearsley thru today at 5 p.m. - both in downtown Flint. Amazin' stuff, I tell you, AND free admission to boot! It was such a stressful week at work, what with last-minute preparations for our board's annual meeting this past Thursday and Friday, that I didn't get to catch any of the quilt show 'til Saturday. And then, I only made it to the GFAC. This year quilts were exhibited in 6 different locations in downtown Flint. It's an awesome show and I highly recommend it!

I love quilts and have some small ones I use at home - mainly lap quilts and all purchased. I've never made one BUT I've needlepointed some and have always intended to start a stitching-related blog. So much to do and so little time, y'know?!

No comments: