Saturday, October 31, 2009

happy halloween!

This morning I got together with a few buddies for breakfast and then headed to an every other week make -'n- take at one of my LSSs, Karen's Creative Stamping. We made a couple 6x6" scrapbook pages and a couple greeting cards there, all autumnal. This was my fav card and we used a new-to-me stamp company's clear polymer stamp set - Darcie's Flourish Pumpkin (tho' it includes flourish swirls and flourish leaves too). Relatively inexpensively priced at $14.95 / 10-pc set, you can see more sets at their Web site and blog.

On a side note, we had about 300 small ones visit tonight. Our sub gets pretty busy, with carloads of children carpooled in. It started quiet during the first half hour but the crowds grew as it got darker outside, and we eventually had to close early as we ran out of candy! Our community sets aside 6-8 p.m. for trick-or-treating. How 'bout you and yours?

stamps: Darcie's Flourish Pumpkin; paper: unknown striped dp, orange and ivory card stocks; ink: Distress ink's in unknown brown, green and orange; accessories: organza orange ribbon

2 comments:

Jan Scholl said...

I havent even made my Halloween cards eyt. Poop. Not in the mood. In case you didnt hear, Stacey's In Fowlerville is closing. http://www.stampimagestudio.com/

I might try and get up there next week. I will let you know when she sells any fixtures or used items, which she said would be in December. I am losing my drug dealer for sure.

Allison Rankin said...

Looks super!