Wednesday, November 18, 2009

an after-school project

Today's after-school project was stamping some winter-y cards with my eldest. He made 5 cards in the time I took to make one, LOL! Truthfully, it was just fun watching him - he was SO determined! I don't remember now where I'd ordered this stamp set - somewhere online, I recall tho' - as well as some crafty supplies to make my own paper molds. Hey, maybe I'll get to THAT this year too!

This stamp set has a globe on base, and 8 other stamps to build a scene, three of which are a snowman-cat, snowman-dog, and snowman-bunnie. It was the bunnie that sucked me in!

After stamping the card, I ran it thru my trusty Cuttlebug using an embossing folder while placing a cut-out wood frame as the top part of the Cuttlebug sandwich. That way you only emboss the edges of your card and the oval cut-out portion isn't embossed. We made a card using this technique at last month's stamp camp w Mary Allen (sorry, no blog or Web site to share). Gotta give credit where credit's due! Thanx, Mary!
update: here's a tutorial on the process ... and I purchased my Lara's Crafts oval and square frames at Michael's also!

stamps: Plaid Enterprises' Holiday Snowglobe, SU's Cold Play; paper: SU's Whisper White; ink: SU's Old Olive, StazOn Jet Black, Tri-C watercolor markers; tools: Cuttlebug w QuicKutz' snowflake embossing folder, Lara's Crafts' 6x5" Frame w Oval

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IF NOT FOR YOU, I'd not even know what a CB was, and I sure wouldn't own my own! I watched the video last night how to make the "blank center". Since Lucky died, I just haven't had any interest in my old, peaceful, card making.

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific creation...love the embossing trick here...off to try this out myself!