Saturday, December 19, 2009

secret Santa 2009

We celebrate the start of the holiday season with a fun week of Secret Santa where I work (insert shameless plug for Kettering University here). Generally, it consists of exchanging small value gifts the first 3 days, and a larger gift on the 4th day during a lunch get-together. Here's the card I made to house a PC-generated gift certificate for my final day's gift. It's fun sneaking about to hide your gifts the first 3 days, and on our 4th we try to guess who our Secret Santa was before we open our last day's gift. We even all bring our final day's gift to the restaurant in a plain brown grocery sack with the name hidden on the bottom of the bag! As usual, a fun time was had by all! So, what do you do to celebrate where you work?

I punched the dove and sprig out on both cardstock and cardboard, glued 'em together, and popped 'em up using dimensionals. Then, crafty me, I stapled the tag to hang down inside from the top of my grocery sack, and adhered my card (with gift certificate inside) from that. It was, needless to say, probably the lightest gift there!

stamps: studio g (inside sentiment); ink: studio g; paper: deconstructed Bath & Body Works gift bag, accessories: tag - from the Bath & Body Works gifts (a 2-part lotion and soap set in matching plaid containers), ribbon - (you guessed it!) from the Bath & Body Works gift set, peace - a JoAnn's dollar find from last year, dove - Cuttlebug and QuicKutz 2x2" set

No comments: