Saturday, January 2, 2010

so this is love

My first valentine of the year, this one's based on the first Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge of the year, sk010210, posted this morning. It uses some new DP and stamps I recently purchased so is for the ssnotime120 challenge too! We got together with local extended family at my sister's house this afternoon to celebrate my Mom's b'day with presents, followed by cake and ice cream - a yummy concoction and new recipe my sis' recently acquired - before she had to get ready for work. Since returning home, I've been cooling it and inking up some stamps I'd not used yet while watching t.v. These are a couple I got last spring at the Great Lakes Mega Meet in Novi MI.

Unlike me, my chocolate's been around even longer. My buddy Pat and I attended a stamping get-together last January where we were to stamp for the troops at a LSS; I'd planned to kit up some treat bags but when we got there we learned the plan was for us to stamp some quick post cards ... so we had some chocolate for snacks while we worked and I repackaged the remainder to take home. It's been by my PC ever since and every now and then I grab a handful. So, pardon me while I eat the rest of my prop chocolate ...

stamps: BasicGrey heart mini stamp, Heidi Swapp love, Lizzie Anne's So Much Love (inside sentiment); paper: BasicGrey's sugared DP, Bazzill's unknown pink card stock, SU's Whisper White card stock; ink: Ranger Black Soot distress ink, Tri-C watercolor markers; tools: Marvy mega heart punch, dimensionals

1 comment:

Jan Scholl said...

Go to Michales-walk to the center aisle near the crapbooking stuff and there is a newly stocked valentine set up. New dollar stamps. punches, stuff. I didnt buy any this time becuase hubby was with me. I need to "return" something.