Saturday, March 20, 2010

at the movies

My eldest son and I saw the latest Alice in Wonderland movie last Saturday, and I can't believe it's taken me this long to write a review! If there was ever a movie that SCREAMED to be made in 3D, this is one ... AND a Tim Burton movie version to boot ... AND who better to play the Mad Hatter?! Sigh ... yep, I DO believe that Lewis Carroll would have approved of Johnny Depp - perfect casting! I felt Depp was perfectly cast as the dandy Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates movies too, and am disappointed that he never won an Oscar for those roles.

This was a pleasure; I highly recommend it and give it a 5/5 stars. We saw it in Disney 3-D (there's a 2-D release as well) as my son has issues sitting anywhere but in the 1st row in theaters and I couldn't imagine being that close up in the local IMAX theater (tho' I prefer their 3D glasses to those provided at the Disney showings). Check it out if you haven't already!

No comments: