Sunday, June 27, 2010

I love a parade

I love a parade; don't you?! The silhouette of kids marching in a row across the bottom of the card are from a single stamp - part of a Flourishes set that I got last year. This card's based on the CPS173 sketch challenge. I don't know who the DP is by but it's red, white (well, ivory), blue, and kraft so it's also for Stacy's Curtain Call 36 color challenge. Pat L may recognize portions of my cards this week, 'cuz I've pretty much gutted a 12x12" scrapbook page we made last year in favor of using it in a few cards so I'm recycling today, you could say! Hey, that rhymes! I'm a poet; you wouldn't know it, but my feet show it - they're Longfellows!

We've had sporadic thunder boomers here in Michigan today, so I went out back and weeded a bit during a dry period between thunderstorms while the ground was nice and damp. It was wicked hot and humid but it's one more thing off my list of things to do this weekend.

stamps: Flourishes' Patriotism on Parade, studio g sentiment; paper: unknown DPs, CTMH's Outdoor Denim and Neutral, My Paper Co's Kraft, and unknown Prism dark red card stocks; ink: CTMH's Outdoor Denim; tools: Cuttlebug and Die-namics' large scallop, unknown alphabet

1 comment:

Nat said...

wonderful card,love all the details! :)