Saturday, August 28, 2010

welcome, sweet one!

My buddies Kathleen, Kim, Pat, Eileen, and I are headed to our buddy Donna's daughter Sheila's baby shower tomorrow. We picked up a hamper and stuffed it with a receiving blanket, blanket, couple sheets, multiuse pads, and the cutest little winky white lamb toy ... not to mention wipes, shampoo, lotions, etc. I kept one of the sheets to scan to use for the accompanying onesie card. It's SO matchy-matchy, eh?! Kim took the rest of the booty home with her, and she and HER daughter Danielle will wrap it cutesy-like, and we'll add the sheet set tomorrow when meeting up at the restaurant where the shower will be held! SUCH teamwork! After the exhaustive shopping trip, we met at Ruggero's - where Kim and I split the BEST lasagna in town, IMHO!

I used my latest toy - MFT's Die-namics grosgrain texture embossing board - on the cuffs and bottom area which is meant to look like the reinforced area where I added eyelets for snaps. The grosgrain didn't show up all that great on these pics and is actually pretty subtle IRL ... maybe I'll have to add a shim next time. I added a bit of faux stitching around the solid card stock. I used 110# card stock - it's nice and firm, and a pretty good deal at Staples - 250 sheets for $15, compared to $37.50+ for a similar amount purchase at many papercraft stores. So far, I'm pleased with it, and I'd much rather spend my hard-earned cash on stamps!

... and speaking of stamps

stamps: SU's So Many Scallops; paper: Staples white card stock; ink: Ranger's black soot distress ink, SU's Close to Cocoa marker, PC-generated DP and solid card stock; accessories: eyelets from a share purchased many moons ago

No comments: