Wednesday, September 29, 2010

it's all about the candycorn

... and new ribbon from the dollar bins at JoAnn's that I picked up after lunch today. We held our office's service awards during lunch today at the Olive Garden, thanks to Kim R's suggestion. We just LOVE their soup, salad and breadsticks combo, and hadn't stopped there for lunch in a while. We're enjoying a bit of down time at work and it just worked out for today that everyone was able to attend! We're in between sections of students right now but the freshmen will be arriving on campus tomorrow, you see.

Afterward, it being Wednesday and my usual and customary half day, I went shopping. I headed first to the local JoAnn's and then to Hobby Lobby, to support the local economy and use the coupons burning a hole in my pocket. I got a new border punch and a few dollar items including the black ribbon I used on today's card at JoAnn's , and a Spellbinders' Nestie - Labels Eight - at Hobby Lobby. Then my DH and I headed to a local golf course. It reached 70 degrees Fahrenheit and was sunny and just slightly breezy today - just a beautiful day to be outside!

stamps: an unknown SU stamp set (if anybody knows the name of this set, please let me know - it's from 1994 and I picked it up used a week or so ago but the container wasn't labeled); paper: Staples' white, SU's Kraft, YoYo Yellow, Pumpkin Pie card stocks; ink: Ranger's black soot distress ink, SU's Pumpkin Pie, Yo Yo Yellow; accessories: Wyla's black ric rac ribbon

No comments: