Tuesday, September 7, 2010

movie night

I was checking Facebook late yesterday afternoon, when a buddy spotted me online and suggested we head to the movies. A nice surprise, eh?! We'd had family up for a cookout and they had to leave by 3 p.m., so we'd settled down to watch a bit of golf on TV, and then my DH had snuck off for a bit of shut-eye. I figured he'd be okay with it ... so we agreed to meet later, after checking out what was playing locally, and picked the 7 p.m. show of The Switch, w Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, Jeff Goldblum, and Juliette Lewis.

We had a nice relaxing evening and the movie was cute. Apparently it was the last night it was showing at the Trillium, 'cuz I went there to grab a picture and didn't spot it thru movietickets.com any longer. Talk about timing!

And timing, come to think of it, was pretty much what the movie was all about. Jennifer splits from her latest of failed romances and decides it's high time she had a child, regardless of whether she has any husband prospects in her life. She's best buds with Jason Bateman, tho' they'd dated previously. He's buds with Jeff Goldblum and she's buds with Juliette Lewis. A comedy of errors ensue and Jason switches the sperm sample of her intended donor with his own. Jennifer's character moves west and seven years later she and a young version of Bateman move back to New York. I don't think I'm giving away too many plot points here ... and you can guess from the movie promo picture what the "switch" will be about!

I liked Bateman, and wonder what pieces he's done that he'd list as his top 5? I loved him in Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium and Juno ... this movie's probably heading into another of my favs of his ... and I liked Aniston in this one, after being hugely disappointed in the last flick I saw with her, Bounty Hunter.

So, if you can can catch it still at the dollar theaters, check it out! I may rent it to see it again after it comes out on DVD but probably wouldn't purchase it to watch repeatedly ... so I guess that means a 3/5 star rating ... Lemme know what you think of it if you saw it!

1 comment:

Nat said...

I will have to catch this movie while it's still playing, nice to read your review!! Enjoy the rest of the week!!