Friday, October 22, 2010

at the movies w Sue 'n Paul

My DH and I took in Red this afternoon as I flexed a couple hours off work. I had to visit imdb.com to check out the cast of characters as there were so many big names in it and was surprised to see who wasn't listed as top-billed! It starred, in no particular order (ok, for the most part it's by their appearance on film), Bruce Willis, Mary-Louise Parker, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich, Helen Mirren, Richard Dreyfuss, Ernest Borgnine, and (new-to-me) Karl Urban.

Suffice to say it was an over-the-top action adventure flick about a team of spies who come out of retirement to uncover a government conspiracy meant to cover up some wrongs committed by a high-ranking official while in the service a couple decades ago. Is that not giving too much away? 'Cuz, you really ought to see it! It was filled with one-liners and tho' at times it seemed like the cast was grinning and just enjoying themselves a tad too much during some of the action sequences, it was one helluva ensemble piece! I'm giving it 4.5 of 5 stars!

No comments: