Wednesday, November 24, 2010

happy bird day, Pat!

We treated one of my BFFs, Pat, to lunch today to celebrate her birthday. My lunch buddies have a long-standing tradition of the birthday person getting to select the restaurant on their birthday and today we dined at David's Pizza on Corunna Road in Flint town. He's a clown (literally - he clowns on the side) and recited a pretty darn cool poem to her as we sat down to lunch!

It's all about pinks for my gal Pat, so I selected some pink DP for gift boxes and punched 'em out using a 1-1/4" square punch, then added bows on top, and popped 'em up using pop dots. The sentiment's close to another of my fav ways to sign birthday cards. I generally sign by drawing pics of a hippo, bird, and two sheep - all lined up in a row. "Hippo Birdie Two Ewe" - get it?! Enjoy your day, Pat!

stamps: SU's Picture This, Heard from the Heart (inside sentiment); paper: My Mind's Eye Sundress Heirloom; ink: Ranger's black soot distress ink; accessories: unknown pink ribbon; tools: ek success' 1-1/4" square punch

No comments: