Sunday, November 7, 2010

in honor of my Dad

My Dad used the phrase "peace" when ending phone conversations often, especially during the Christmas holidays, and I picked this stamp up years ago specifically thinking of him. He passed away 6 years ago this week, but this would've been the card intended for him. I stamped off the vintage script stamp with Mellow Moss, then inked up the other stamp using PTI's Ripe Avocado ink pad before adding SU's Chocolate Chip and Close to Cocoa, and CTMH's Cranberry markers. Then a quick "huff" on the stamp and voila! I roughed up the edges just slightly and popped up the main stamped image on the card, then added the script sentiment on the card base using Ranger's black soot distress ink. A CAS card but me likey!

Would you believe this is my first card of November? I've been sick all week and haven't done much but sit and chill ... literally! I'm on the road to recovery tho' - no temp since this Friday and my energy level's returning ... YAY!

stamps: Inkadinkado's script bk, Stampendous' Ponderosa Pine, Gina K's peace; paper: PTI's Ripe Avocado and Staples' white card stocks; ink: CTMH's Cranberry, PTI's Ripe Avocado, Ranger's black soot distress ink, and SU's Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, and Mellow Moss

No comments: