Sunday, November 21, 2010

mistletoe branch

MAYBE I should have found one of my evergreen branch stamps to hang an ornament on, but I was in a crafty mood and this stamp set was handy, OK?! I've no idea how mistletoe even grows, as I've only seen clusters hanging from ceilings and doorways! I picked up an inexpensive MME stamp set when I stopped for this weekend's make-'n-take at CAM - mainly a silhouette set - as it had a really cute cardinal and deer and wreath and mistletoe branch and tree and snowflake or poinsettia. Eight stamps in all, for less than $6 - a pretty good deal. There was probably matching DP to the set (but I'm happy with this) as there were for the last couple MME stamp sets I'd picked up there recently. As I've spent way more than my usual allotment this past month, thanx to that scrapping show in Birch Run a couple weekends ago, I was trying to control myself. The DP in the background on this card is some from a Karen Foster DP pkg from that Birch Run trip. It's a bit lighter IRL, but the pic is taken under fluorescent lamp and not daylight conditions.

stamps: Cornish Herigate Farms' Joyeux Noel, My Mind's Eye's i believe, savvy stamps' winter set; paper: Karen Foster's Vintage Christmas scrapbook kit and My Mind's Eye The Merry Days of Christmas DPs, Paper Reflections' black and SU's Crumb Cake card stocks; ink: CTMH's Cranberry, SU's Close to Cocoa, More Mustard, and Old Olive and Tri-C watercolor markers; Forever in Time's gold glitter gel pen (on orn - hard to see in pic tho'), Ranger's black soot distress ink and StazOn's jet black; tools: Cuttlebug and Die-namic's Faux Crochet Border, Marvy Uchida's corner rounder

1 comment:

Susan (rainy) said...

I LOVE your mistletoe branch! This is a beautiful card, Sue.