Wednesday, December 29, 2010

at the movies w the B's

When I was a kid, we lived in Franklin MA, kitty-corner from a very nice elderly gentleman whose name I couldn't pronounce, who we called Mr B. Methinks his name was Mr. Bukowski or something like that. I was just thinking of him when I wrote the title post. The couple who lived next door to us (who I have no recollection of themselves) had a grown son (to me at least, back then when I was 6 or so) whose jazz band used to practice in their basement. I used to sit by their basement windows to watch and listen. I love jazz to this day. Smooth jazz, that is, like that played on Smooth Jazz V98.7. I'm listening tonite as I blog surf and post ... but I digress ...

My eldest and I took in a movie today - the earliest 3D showing of Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - and then grabbed lunch at the local Qdoba. The movie was great, as expected, as the 2nd of the series was too. This one mainly features the two youngest of the Pevensie clan - Lucy and Edmund - who have been sent to live with their cousin during the war. The cousin's a snooty bugger. The Pevensie youngsters, while trying to make the best of a bad situation, seem to be barely tolerated by their hosts, but it's pretty short-lived, as they're swooped into another adventure in Narnia with Prince Caspian soon after the movie begins and remain there for most of the show ... and while also accompanied by their cousin Eustace.

I occasionally glanced over at Geoff during the movie to see how he was enjoying it - he spent most of the time leaning forward in his seat, except when he'd relax and would beam at me. Pretty good flick, folkes!

No comments: