Friday, December 3, 2010

I believe

I knocked out another Christmas card while watching a bit of golf this evening w my DH (Tiger's currently leading the 2nd round of the Chevron World Challenge). This one's a CAS design using punches, a Nestie, and a QuicKutz embossing folder - easy peasy! Speaking of embossing, did you see that Taylor's introduced a 2-side metal impression plate? I saw it in her e-mail today. It's actually a debossing plate, I guess, as it's meant to create a depression into your card stock ... but I don't see why you couldn't use it either way. Her first one's scallops on one side and interlocking circles on the reverse. Check it out here. Me likey (hi Allison!)!

Today's sentment is one of my first ever unmounted stamp purchases from a small company called StampingFreak that later morphed into GinaK Designs. For the longest time I'd just left it unmounted, and a piece of 2-sided sticky tape adhered it temporarily to my acrylic block (I have one favorite acrylic block that never gets put away, tho' I do have assorted sizes stored in a bag nearby). I finally broke down and mounted it today. Hey, no need to rush things, right?! LOL! Speaking of rushing things, it IS December now, so I should probably be taking inventory of how many Christmas cards I've still got to make. Sigh ... always so much to do and so little time to do it, y'know?!
stamps: StampingFreak/Gina K's believe; paper: A1 Neenah Natural White and PAPERTREYink's Ripe Avocado card stocks; ink: Ranger's black soot distress ink; tools: Cuttlebug w Spellbinders Labels 8 Nestie and QuicKutz phrases embossing folder, Fiskar's ornament and SU's Word Window punches

No comments: