Saturday, January 29, 2011

make a wish

I picked up a new punch this afternoon - the sweet cupcake that I used for today's card. I'd planned on punching out some kraft cupcake liners, but then couldn't resist BasicGrey's Two Scoops DP, nor the crimper. The "frosting" is from some hand-made paper my stamping buddy Pat gave me last year. It goes well with the natural white card stock base but is thicker, and a little swirly-looking, like frosting, don't you think?! I added a bit of stickles and glitter to the frosting, popped 'em up, then stamped the sentiment (it's from a collection of used stamps I purchased earlier this month - thanx, Nichol!) and voilĂ ! - a CAS birthday card!

stamps: savvy stamps' sentiment; paper: A1's Neenah Classic Natural White card stock, BasicGrey's two scoops DP, hand-made DP; ink: Ranger's black soot distress ink; tools: Fiskar's Cupcake punch

2 comments:

Beate said...

Sue,
your birthday card looks wonderful! I wish I could create CAS cards.
Hugs and smiles

Susan (rainy) said...

What a 'sweet' adorable card, Sue.