Sunday, February 20, 2011

welcome baby, hybrid-style

I love the digi images from Pink Petticoat! When I spotted their recently introduced baby boy version to match last summer's baby girl buggy, I was right there, figuring it was only a matter of time before someone needed a baby boy card! LOVE their stuff! And ... I've gotta admit, I felt the need to break away from Valentine's cards! It felt good to make a non-V-Day card today!

I paper-pieced the baby buggy using some beautiful Crystal Wilkerson (of Creativity by Crystal) digi-DP from the August 2009 Collection at Jessica Sprague's online shop. I printed some 4x6" and wallet-size pictures of the DP, so it'd have a smaller pattern on the buggy than what was used for the background piece. And the best part of going the digi-BK route?! How about eight (count 'em ... 8!) different patterns in nine (yep, 9!) different colors, all for $1 ... and I can use and reuse 'em any time I like!

The baby's watercolored. I was going to curve the vellum sentiment to pop it up a bit, but I'm not sure whether the receiver of this card (Hi Susan!) will be mailing or handing the card to the future Mom at a baby shower ... so I tucked that under the scallops of the background. Each layer's popped up using dimensionals and I've had really good luck using Tombow's Mono Vellum adhesive to attach vellum paper and card stock to cards. Nichole's Make-It-Monday #2 challenge was to use a vellum strip for your sentiment; I didn't use any PTI product for today's card but that inspired the vellum portion! And the scallops? Check out this week's SCS CAS106 challenge!

edited to add: woot! woot! this card was posted as a hybrid gallery standout on mesoscrappy's blog!

stamps: Pink Petticoat Baby Boy Buggy; paper: Creativity by Crystal's Fresh Florals DP, Staples' white and SU's Sahara Sand card stocks, The Paper Co's vellum card stock; ink: PC-generated sentiments, Tri-C watercolor markers; accessories: Pink Hedgehog's sky blue brads (w inside sentiment); tools: my latest and greatest Spellbinders Nestabilities Big Scalloped Rectangles LG (they were on sale this week at my local Hobby Lobby - 40% off! - and I controlled myself and only purchased this one set!)

1 comment:

Susan said...

This rocks ... a bye baby