Sunday, April 17, 2011

you ROCK!

I picked up the cutest dollar stamp yesterday, and used it on the inside of today's card - one of imaginisce's Live Loud collection, this one's Drums. Not that anyone in my household plays drums ... it just went nicely with my "you rock" sentiment. My youngest son rocks, and this card's in celebration of his birthday which is this week. We celebrated with extended family last month - a joint celebration held between my two sons' birthdays. Later the immediate family celebrates, as is our tradition, with him selecting the restaurant of his choice, but I'm betting he'll select it "to go."

Today's card is inspired by the lovely and talented Godelieve of StampingMathilda blog fame, tho' I didn't pull out my sewing machine ... nor did I cheat and use any of my stitch-related stamps, but I DID make the card from scraps as she did. The "you rock" sentiment looks IRL like it's made from boulders and is something I found via an image search. A quick post today, as I want to sit and watch some golf w my DH still before we sup. Catch ya later!

stamps: Imaginisce's Drums, Karen's Creative Stamping's Happy everything, SU's Sanded bk; paper: Paper Reflections' black, SU's River Rock, Staples' white card stocks; ink: Ranger's black soot, SU's River Rock; accessories: SU's River Rock ribbon; tools: Cuttlebug w Happy Birthday embossing folder

No comments: