Wednesday, November 16, 2011

how I spent my mini vac wk - pt 1

Hi folkes! I took a few days off work this week, thinking I'd watch the President's Cup w my sweetie, and as I'd been pretty much on the go this past weekend (... but that's another post). I'd not realized that it would be on TV here starting at 9 p.m. EST, LOL, as it's being played in Melbourne Australia! We'll end up watching Day 1 on Thursday (it's being repeated on the Golf Channel from 9a-1:30p), and Day 2 will be telecast a bit earlier, from 7:30p-2a on Thursday. So much for my planning ahead, eh?!

I picked up a few new dies from Impress Rubber Stamps recently. This is the first one used for a Christmas card tho' it would make a nice masculine card as well, as my stampin' buddy Pat pointed out. As I ended up not watching golf, we got together for a bit. After lunching w friends, while she was borrowing my Zutter I put this quick card together. It'd be great for mass-produced Christmas cards as it was relatively simple and quick to make, but I've never been one for mass production. I just make cards as I see fit, and try to fit them to the receiver. This one struck us as peaceful, hence the sentiment. I wish I could capture just how beautiful that dark blue card stock is; you've gotta see it IRL - it's much more subtle than glitter card stock and is IMHO simply gorgeous!

stamps: StampingFreak's peace, PTI's Signature Christmas (inside) sentiments; ink: CTMH's Outdoor Denim; paper: PTI's Night Sky Shimmer, Staples' white card stocks; tools: Memory Box's Deer Trio die

No comments: