Wednesday, December 28, 2011

variations on a theme

... an FTL170 sketch theme, that is! Needing a wedding anniversary card for this weekend, I checked into the recent sketches at Clean & Simple's Web site and remembered that I'd MEANT to make one for this sketch challenge, now past the entry deadline. No matter! I took a few liberties with their FTL170 sketch, flipping it and running the ribbon under rather than over the top card stock piece. I wanted to dry emboss to pop up the hearts for an entry into Lifestyle Crafts' I Made This contest. These are a few from my 2x2" embossing folders of Lifestyle Crafts' QuicKutz GooseBumpz embossing dies. I used to belong to a QuicKutz club at my local paper crafts store and have amassed quite the collection. Now we just have to get it delivered to my brother-in-law and his bride by Friday! Can do! The inside sentiment's PC-generated: "Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart." and the inside heart stamp is stamped off so it's more like a watermark.

stamps: studio g's series 26 outside sentiment, basic grey's inside heart, and PC-generated inside sentiment; paper: A1 Neenah Natural White, SU's Cherry Cobbler card stocks; ink: SU's Cherry Cobbler and PC-generated; accessories: SU's Cherry Cobbler quilted satin ribbon

No comments: