Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Do you ever purchase an entire stamp or sticker set to get your hands on one piece?! Yeah, I'm lovin' this little bird from the Little Yellow Bicycle folkes and MUST see if it's available as a stamp. This is from a set of fabric-covered chipboard pieces and is stinkin' cute IRL. It's from new product purchased during our Mega Meet trek this past Thursday, as is the banner stamp and the alpha stickers AND the Spellbinders' die.

The absolute best deals this year were available from Scrapmart, where I purchased the die, available either singly at $10 ea, or your pick of 3 sets for $20. I got the Labels Four Small set of 6 dies for $6.75 when sharing the deal w my stamping buddies. Another great deal there - I picked up a combo package containing a Lifestyle medium sized polka dots, a Sizzix mail set of four embossing folders, and a Spellbinders m-bossabilities reversible embossing folder for ... insert drumroll here ... $12! SUCH DEALS! But I digress ...

This is my Mom's Mother's Day card. We're heading to a family get-together to celebrate today, and I'm hopeful the weather cooperates! I'm hand-delivering cards to my Mom, Sister, and Niece as I'm Baaad w a capital 'b' for being such a slacker and not having cards ready 'til the last minute this year.

stamps: jillibean soup's birthday party; paper: SU asst'd colors for banner to match chipboard piece, A1 Neenah Natural White card stocks; ink: Ranger's black soot distress ink; accessories: Little Yellow Bicycle's Paradise fabric favorites, lilybeedesign's ABC stickers; tools: Cuttlebug w Spellbinders Labels Four Small dies

3 comments:

Lisa A. said...

Hi Sue! Those do sound like great deals...and what a beautiful Mother's Day card you made with them, your bird is so sweet!! Love the letters and that die is lovely:)!! Thanks for being a part of the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! ow that's what I call some sweet deals! I love your card, that birdie is soooo cute! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

I hardly ever buy stickers, but I can totally see why you bought the set for this birdie sticker - he's too cute for words!! And it would make a fabulous stamp - I agree!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!!