Sunday, June 17, 2012

happy Father's Day, PB!

I'm playing catch-up and wanted to share the Father's Day card I gave my DH this month. It was a CAM make-'n-take led by the lovely and talented Karen at CAM yesterday, and I don't think I'd ever made a card using this type of format before. We cut a card stock "tube" of sorts, then glued the interior kraft card stock base to the smaller portion, and decorated the base of the card stock tube. In the picture at left you can see that the right-most area of the card - perhaps an inch - works as a slider card. The interior portion is simply inserted into the card stock tube. We used some distress stain on the mini envelope that's mounted on the top of the card, and when I got home I found that I had the perfect size "HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!" sentiment in my stash. The inside sentiment was PC-generated (using Architext and Lucida Handwriting fonts) and the "you're a classic" sentiment just seemed perfect to go with the classic card on the base! I printed it on vellum card stock and attached that to the kraft base. Easy peasy to make but it looks so much more difficult, don't you think?!

Almost all materials were provided by CAM so no deets today.
inside portion

No comments: