Thursday, April 25, 2013

a case study

Let me start right off by letting you know that I can't count on all my fingers and toes the number of times I've said that, when I grow up, I want to create papercrafts like Debby Hughes of Lime Doodle Design blog fame! The girl just ROCKS, and today's card is a shameless CASE of her April 19th post. I've been neglectful of my Silhouette of late, and when I couldn't locate a decent sized bee stamp, pulled the Silhouette out of mothballs and now have it permanently installed at my desktop PC/printer station. I'd previously been pulling it out of storage each time I used it but I'm ashamed to tell you that I didn't get around to pulling it out all that often tho' I'm really pleased with it!

So, okay, confessions aside, today's card is for a coworker and it's a change of venue for me, as I usually do sailing-themed cards for her! Not to mention that when I think of the normal birthday greeting, I sign cards using the images of a hippo, birdie, and two ewes (all of which I have plenty of stamp samples in my stash, naturally), so this is really a change of pace for me! When I spotted Debby's card, I thought to myself, "Self, don't you have a bee stamp in one of those SU floral stamp sets?" ... and "Self, you haven't even USED that honeycomb embossing folder yet, have you?" ... and "Self, I know you've ORDERED that 'happy bee day' stamp set - no, it's not arrived yet (must be on a slow boat from China) - BUT you DO have Kim Hughes' fonts installed on the PC, don't you?!" After searching through my stamp sets and only finding miniscule honey bees, I decided it was time to pull out the Silhouette and that's where I found the bee used on the card. Such a deal, at only 50 center per image AND I still have a credit due me from my original Silhouette purchase (you see, the store I purchased it from gave me $200 in credits when I purchased it for $309 originally). My only regret is that I purchased it BEFORE the SD version came out, so mine's not especially portable!

stamps: n/a (sentiment is PC-generated using Kim Hughes SNF Daisy Jane and SNF Goody fonts); paper: Neenah's Solar White, Paper Reflections black, and SU's YoYo Yellow card stocks; ink: n/a (PC-generated sentiment and honeycomb circle); tools: Cuttlebug w MFT Stamps' Sweet Stack Labels (circle), QuicKutz's No. 73 Number Set, Simon Says Stamp's You, Talk Bubbles 2 dies; and Silhouette w bumblebee shape

1 comment:

Nat said...

totally lovin this design, awesome texture!!