Saturday, October 5, 2013

Happy World Card Making Day 2013

Hi folkes! Happy World Card Making Day! While I've been mainly watching the President's Cup golf match with my DH today, I took some time out to get crafty and made a card to send to my sister. It reads "happy FALL" but the fall is stamped behind the vellum piece and turned out a bit harder to read than I'd hoped for ... oh well! Autumn's her favorite season.

I stamped the background image using a recent stamp set acquisition called LEAFLETS by clear & simple stamps. You can ask my stamping buddies; I've an obsession with leaves and trees and couldn't pass this one up; it had a corresponding die set, you see! Anywho, I stamped the word "FALL" using block stamps, distressed the card stock, then added the vellum card stock, die cut some leaves for on top of the vellum, and added the sentiment.


Today's card is based on one of the dozens of sketch challenges that people posted to celebrate World Card Making Day - this one's from the noon challenge by the kind folkes of Scrapbook & Cards Today blog fame.

stamps: clear & simple stamps' LEAFLETS, Unity's It's the most wonderful time of the year inside sentiment; paper: Neenah's Solar White, SU's Crumb Cake, and Vellum card stocks; ink: SU's Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Riding Hood Red, Soft Suede, and Summer Sun; tools: Cuttlebug w clear & simple stamps' LEAFLETS and TAGS 1, memory box's Happy dies, SU's Sizzix Sweet Buttons Embosslits; accessories: unknown hemp for tie

1 comment:

Janine said...

Hi there!! Beautiful card!!!