Monday, February 10, 2014

happy b'day Geoff!

We celebrated my eldest's birthday this week by taking in The Lego Movie, then picking up cheesecake and food from Taco Bell and heading home. The movie had some cute funny parts but I found myself thinking that perhaps if you had ADHD it would keep your attention; it just seemed a little TOO busy for me. Geoff liked it though! And he picked out both the birthday outing, eats, and cake of choice - a cheesecake sampler that we'll be finishing off by week's end!

For his card I used one of my latest stamp sets from a new company, winnie & walter (it came with a free cutting file that I'm sure I'll be using in my Silhouette soon)! I like the font of the handwritten words - which include happy, hello, and love, with lots of combinations of phrases in a simple typewriter-looking font. I repeated the same handwritten font in multiple colors and popped up the images on a white background. The inside has a similar "happy birthday to you" where I used all three ink colors on the word "happy" in a random variegated pattern; it's a CAS card but I'm liking CAS lately.

stamps: winnie & walter's The Big, the Bold, and the Happy; paper: Neenah's Solar White; ink: Ranger's black soot, faded jeans, peeled paint, and seedless preserves distress inks

1 comment:

Kimi said...

Happy Birthday to Geoff. I love that font. Another great card sue bee.